But is cloud computing the right path for all small businesses?
– Low IT cost – Reduced software expenses
– Ability for employees and staff to work anywhere with an internet connection.
– Offers flexibility for businesses with employees who travel or have remote staff.
– Need steady internet connection, which may require increased bandwidth.
– Security and privacy is in the hands of the cloud service provider.
– Dependency on one vendor
Bottom line: do your research. Some SMB could find that cloud-only computing doesn't offer the security they need, and might opt for a hybrid of servers and cloud (PEX Card does both!) Other SMB may find that cloud computing offers the right amount of low cost and flexibility. Cloud computing may be a new technology, but it's not going anywhere. Find the cloud service that's right for your SMB!