According to Nonprofit Quarterly
, a recent study by npENGAGE analyzed mobile transactions for small to mid-size nonprofits during the end of 2014 giving season, November 1st to December 31st, 2014. Their results were fascinating and provide some key insights into what nonprofits can do to better reach their donors via mobile marketing. First, some important takeaways from the report:
So, what does this mean for nonprofit marketing professionals?
- Donations from mobile devices accounted for 9.5% of all donations.
- Nearly half of all emails from a nonprofit organization were read on a mobile device.
- When nonprofits had a mobile-responsive website, the amount of donations from a mobile device increased to 18.6%.
How can nonprofits do a better job with mobile marketing? Nonprofit Quarterly suggests the following things:
See how the PEX Platform and prepaid cards use technology to control budgets, track spending and automate time-consuming reconciliations.
- Your nonprofit's Donations page should be easy to access from the main website.
- Event descriptions and dates should be clearly listed and easy to find.
- Email links should lead to mobile landing pages for specific events or campaigns.
- Segment your mobile outreach.