One of the best ways to ensure the health of a skilled trade business is to have an effective marketing strategy. Starting at the most basic level, step back and ask yourself how you are getting the word out about your business to potential customers? Here are some things you can do:
- Create a Business Card – You never know when you’ll meet someone who can help you. Carry them with you everywhere and give them out to existing customers and prospects.
- Ask Customers to Spread the Word – Many people are willing to tell friends about you or post online. Make sure your customers know your website address and your phone and email.
- Get on Google – Submit your company name to the Google local search so people can find you.
- Offer Sales or Coupons – This can be great for finding new customers, who hopefully keep coming back. Offer incentives to your existing customers to refer other people they know.
- Invest in Advertising – For a local company, direct mail or local newspaper ads can put your name in front of the right audience.
Toffer Grant is PEX's Founder and CEO. He founded PEX in 2006 as a prepaid card solution for small businesses. His background in the prepaid industry began at Clarity Payment Solutions, where he initiated 65 prepaid card programs in consumer, corporate, and emerging verticals of the prepaid card industry.