May is Mental Health Awareness Month, which was first observed in 1949 and has been recognized every May since. It serves as a time to raise awareness of the issue, celebrate recovery, and recognize the strides this nation has made in promoting mental health. The occasion also gives us a valuable reminder of how essential emotional well-being is to our overall health.
At PEX, Mental Health Awareness Month creates an opportunity to remind our team of PEX’s commitment to mental health and raise awareness of the services and support we make available.
- Generous Medical Mental Health Benefits: PEX medical plans include coverage for therapy, substance abuse, hospital stays, psychiatric medications, and more. We consider this coverage vital—as important as coverage for any medical condition.
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP): Designed to help resolve personal issues that may adversely affect work performance, our EAP provides a safe space to deal with mental health issues. PEX can help arrange assessments, short-term counseling, referral services, and follow-up services, all strictly confidential.
- Respect for Privacy: 2021 statistics showed that 20% of Americans suffer from a condition related to mental illness, but the stigma prevents many from receiving treatment. At PEX, we treat mental health issues with the same discretion as any medical issue.
- Supportive Work Environment: When in 2022, a survey asked employees to describe the PEX to describe our culture in 3 words, 90% used the word care. As an organization, we encourage our team members to prioritize their personal lives and needs, including mental health needs.
- Treating Mental Health as a Priority: Mental health touches every aspect of our lives, and workplace performance is no exception. We regularly review our policies and practices to ensure they meet the mental health needs of our employees.
At PEX, we believe employees become more engaged, productive, resilient, creative, and loyal when we pay attention to their mental health needs. We plan to regularly review our policies and practices to ensure the emotional well-being of our employees.
This approach to mental health works for us. And it can work for your business, too.
Stay up to date on the latest PEX news!
Opinions, advice, services, or other information or content expressed or contributed here by customers, users, or others, are those of the respective author(s) or contributor(s) and do not necessarily state or reflect those of The Bancorp Bank, N.A. (“Bank”). Bank is not responsible for the accuracy of any content provided by author(s) or contributor(s).